IPv4 Market Group is in the business of making IPv4 transfers happen. If you have excess capacity, we will monetize your resources for you. If you have need for resources to maintain business continuity and accommodate growth, we will source you a policy-compliant seller with a clean, transfer-ready block size of your choosing.
With over 200 transactions completed or in progress since our inception in May 2011, we assure both buyer and seller of an expeditious, legally binding, financially secure and error-free transfer process through the RIPE NCC, APNIC or ARIN.
With IPv4 Market Group:
Broker Due Diligence
Many brokers now exist in the relatively new IPv4 transfer market. While price per IP is ultimately the major variable governing the decisions of both buyers and sellers, the following is a checklist that serves to significantly differentiate our business model and has resulted in our position as the premiere global broker of IPv4 transfers.
1. Is the broker incorporated and able to produce articles of incorporation? Many organizations are little more than an email address and static one-page websites. In business since May 2011, IPv4 Market Group is a New York limited liability company with over 200 transactions completed or in progress across all three transfer regions (RIPE, APNIC, ARIN).
2. Will the broker represent “ONLY” one party in a sales transaction and contractually commit to such a position? We receive compensation only from the seller but guarantee the buyer a flawless commercial transaction and RIR transfer process with the objective of supporting future requirements. Many brokers will represent both the seller and the buyer. We perceive this to be a clear conflict of interest.
3. Does the broker invest in expert legal advice? IPv4 transfers have legal requirements including the execution of Trilateral Non-Disclosure Agreements, Asset Purchase Agreements, Escrow Agreements, Officer Attestations and Letters of Authorization. IPv4 Market Group had a staff attorney develop all legal templates and facilitate document execution between parties.
4. Does the broker carry appropriate levels of insurance including General Commercial Liability Insurance as well as Errors and Omissions? For IPv4 Market Group, our extensive coverage fully demonstrates both a willingness to invest in the business and protect the interests of our clients.
5. Can the broker produce written and verbal references from previous transfers including both parties on the buyer and seller side of the equation? Though IPv4 Market Group is compensated only by the seller, we seek enduring relationships with each buyer that are founded on trust, professionalism, expertise and responsiveness—ensuring their IPv4 needs are met and approved by the Regional Internet Registries (RIR); thus the seller receives compensation.
6. Is the broker registered and approved by the American Registry for Internet Numbers (ARIN), Réseaux Internet Protocol Européens (RIPE) and Asia Pacific Network Information Centre (APNIC)? IPv4 Market Group actively communicates with the Regional Internet Registries for all three regions and complies with all requirements to be a listed IPv4 broker.
7. Does the broker attend RIR Conferences on Policy Development? IPv4 Market Group has attended each of the major Regional Internet Registry conferences since inception including:
We are shaping policy within the internet community that affects IPv4 transfers and developing important relationships with potential buyers and sellers to better service the market. We wrote the Inter-RIR Policy in the RIPE region and stay abreast of all RIR policies.
8. Does the broker employ seasoned business development professionals with global experience in technology sales with average deals in excess of $500,000? Is the facilitation of IPv4 transfers the only core offering of the broker rather than a service among many? Does the broker offer to work through legitimate channels to ensure a legal and risk-free transaction? Does the broker offer third party escrow services? Does the broker deal directly with buyers/sellers to match your IPv4 block requirements? At IPv4 Market Group, we can answer “yes” to each of these questions.
9. Will the broker provide price per IP by block size based on previous transfers they have facilitated in RIPE/APNIC/ARIN? IPv4 Market Group provides market pricing transparency to both sellers (valuation) and buyers (planning/budgeting) without hesitation.
10. Is the broker transparent by publishing information about its leadership team, policy beliefs, and IPv4 pricing on its web page? If you peruse IPv4 Market Group’s web site and compare to all other brokers, you will see that IPv4 is as open and transparent as possible.
11. Does the Broker know what it is doing from a technical perspective? There are best practices regarding checking and testing blocks for black listing and blocking. There are effective block splitting techniques that other brokers do not follow. There are routing techniques to prevent black listing during the sales and transfer process. Speak to IPv4 Market Group about these practices and then interrogate other brokers to see why IPv4 Market Group is the most knowledgeable technical broker.